Saturday, June 23, 2007

T-2 to the rest of my life

This is a moment, a monumental time in my life. It s T-2 days before I embark on this journey and become a BT marking the start of my career. Many thought, questions and doubts flood my mind. Where will I be in years to come? How will my students be? Will they be sweet angels? or will they be little devils running wild, causing me to wonder why i never considered a career with the zoological gardens to begin with. I am under no illusions, I should know, I was a student before too. Students will be students and teachers, well....
I recently read Dr. Ruth wong's book called to be a teacher for the third time. It never ceases to spark emotions even after a third read. The book answered many questions that I had and reassures me immensely.
What will become of my ideals and passion in the next 6 months or 1 year? Will they disappear? Or perhaps by the grace of God I can tell myself when I retire 40 years later that I have lived a good life and made the right choice choosing to mould lives and not IC chips and that I would have no regrets and still choose to teach if I had a chance to relive my days again.

No comments: