Friday, August 31, 2007

Happy 'chers day...

It's a nice day to stay home and to spend some time contemplating on the months past, on teaching, on life closed doors and doors that have opened that I've been reluctant to walk through.
Of course my thoughts have mainly been focused on the closed doors, and the normal reaction would be one of rebellion and defiance and how I can get what I want. I've come to the conclusion that God does answer prayers and He will say no when He deems it fit. So the only thing left is for me to learn acceptance and to learn it quick. I'm sure that God will give me the grace to accept something i can't at this point in time.
On a separate note, teachers' day celebrations took place yesterday and the school had a nice carnival feel to it. In a world with many things acronymised (if there's such a word), it's good to remember our core business of moulding the characters of our students, and i'm not saying this under the influence of a sugar high from the chocolates my very sweet students gave. Many times in the past couple of months i've often questioned my place and my ability to teach and to a certain extent, i'm still asking and questioning. On some days, i really feel like strangling them and on some days i feel so drained and discouraged that i just don't feel like talking to them at all. But on some days, they are the sweetest people on the face of this planet.
There... my couple of months compressed into one post.

No comments: